I’ve created a separate entry for this list so that you can get ideas each time I add a new video / photo of homeschooling my toddler, Titus, or come across a site that I have researched.
Checklist for your toddler:
- Hand Muscle Strength (Ex. Being able to hold, squeeze, pinch, pull, push, press, etc.)
- Hand Dexterity and Hand-eye Coordination – Use hands to build and make things, manipulate objects like puzzles and toys, lace beads, tear paper, handle tools like measuring cups, spoon and fork, paint brushes, roll and pass a ball, etc.
- Drawing, Scribbling, Coloring, Tracing, Copying
- Hold a Pencil Properly
Ideas for you (videos):
- Copying (and Tracing)
- Screwing on bottle caps
- Stringing alphabet letters
- Drawing shapes in salt
- Drawing letters in salt
- lace cards (by mimieco.co.uk)
Homeschooling the Toddler Years
1 thought on “Essential Pre-Writing Skills”
You are such a Godsend Joy! Thank you for guiding us on our own homeschooling journeys with your blog entries. I was about to search this topic at Google, and you have conveniently shared this to us. More blessings to you and your family!