Many parents say, “I don’t know if I am cut out for homeschooling.” And I understand where they are coming from. It can sound daunting and intimidating to take on the responsibility of educating your own kids. My experience was a little different because I was homeschooled for a number of years. But for most parents, homeschooling implies too many unknowns.
For many years Edric and I discussed the possibility of opening up a hybrid program that could give parents a “softer” break-in period to homeschooling. The idea was to have classes that homeschoolers could attend twice a week while a parents taught them three days a week. Finally, the option is here, starting with the K2 level (5 years old).
Hands-on Homeschool Hybrid offers a H3 Approach for families looking for a Kindergarten program that marries both “schooling” and home schooling. The 3 Hs are:
Focus: Character Development
Curriculum: Achieving True Success
Focus: Reading and Comprehension
Curriculum: Bob Jones University Press K5 Beginnings and Wikahon (Filipino Language Program)
Focus: Experiential, hands-on activites
Curriculum: Music and Movement, Arts and Crafts, Use of Manipulatives such as Lego, Magformers, and Roominate to teach math
This hybrid program will most probably appeal to entrepreneurial moms, those working part time or those who aren’t sure about taking on 100% of the teaching load because they may prefer to have an able teacher walking alongside them and sharing some teaching days for their children.
The H3 Teacher is an experienced/licensed teacher who will teach homeschoolers twice a week. Lesson plans will also be prepared by the H3 Teacher to give to the Parent-Teacher to implement at home.
Other benefits include:
– Interaction for children who thrive in social settings
– Learning through play
– Student assessments with feedback time/coaching to parents three times a year using competencies set by DepEd
– Access to Google Classroom for assignments, announcements
– Low teacher-to-student ration at 1:12 (max 15)
– Curriculum in a box
Wednesdays and Fridays
Option 1 – AM Session – 9:00 to 11:30
Option 2 – PM Session – 1:00 to 3:30
Classes start on September 7,2016
Enrollent started on August 8,2016
Tuition: 35,000 Php + 286 Php per session for 70 sessions (Inclusive of Portfolio Binder and Year-End Test)
Portfolio below is just a peg of the actual. Source: notconsumed.com
Additional fees: 7,000 Php for Curriculum / Uniform (TBA)
Venue: Homeschool Global, Fun Ranch, Tiendesitas
For more information, please contact:
7 thoughts on “Too Scared to Homeschool? Try the Hybrid Version.”
Hi Joy, this is only for kinder level right? Thanks
Yes for now…
Hooray Ive been looking for this option for my child. Finally!!! ☺️
Yeah!!! So glad you are encouraged!!! ????
Grade 3 for next year pls!
Joy…. I’m taking this in consideration for next school year… When does school year next year start?
Congratulations on this launch! This is so wonderful! If we were living back in Manila, it’d definitely be high on my list. As we are not currently, though, I was wondering about the following:
1. Do you have any homeschooling must-reads for curious moms/dads? We are likely going to send our little one to a Waldorf-like school when he’s ready for Kindergarten (observation based learning, and creative play) but I would like to know what other options are out there…
2. Do you have any suggested reading/resources for teaching Christian values at home in fun/interactive ways? Even if we send him to a nursery outside the home, I’d be eager to do some Christian based home-schooling to supplement. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thank you so much in advance, and as I’ve never written in before, I’d just like to say: your blog is such an encourager for me as a woman, a wife, and a mother. 🙂